See Man City vs Man United Predictions: Betting Tips | H2H | Odds and Stats and Possible Lineups for FA Cup Final Match
At Wembley Stadium, the FA Cup final will also serve as the first Manchester Derby in the competition’s illustrious history. Only rivals and arch-rivals Manchester United have ever won the Premier League (PL), FA Cup, and Champions League treble in the history of English football, hence defending champions Manchester City come into the game as pre-match favorites.
The Spaniard has urged his team to “disconnect” in the lead-up to such a huge match in the hope that they can refocus after losing their final two league matches of the season (D1, L1). Pep Guardiola’s team breezed their way to a first FA Cup final in four seasons, scoring 17 goals without answering in their five previous matches this season. However, City boasts a 100% winning record in domestic finals under Guardiola, so they will undoubtedly be optimistic of making a significant advancement in their quest for immortality.
Man United will do anything to prevent their local rivals from surpassing their successes, but in addition to securing bragging rights, it would also net them their second trophy of the year after winning the Carabao Cup. The Red Devils have never won both domestic cups in the same season, but they enter Wembley with confidence after finishing the Premier League season in the top three for the third time in four years thanks to a run of four straight victories.
After winning 2-1 over Fulham on the final day of the Premier League, manager Erik ten Hag fueled the flames with an emotional post-game statement, but the Dutchman insists this final is “not about stopping Man City, it’s about winning the FA Cup.” Only Arsenal (14) has done so more frequently than United (12), but only one of those victories has occurred in the past 19 years, so United’s Dutch manager will be eager to rekindle the club’s passion for this illustrious contest.
Man City vs Man United Predictions
- Manchester City come into this game winless in their last two, though those games came after they had already won the Premier League. Pep Guardiola’s side are yet to concede a goal in the FA Cup this season and have scored 17 goals in their five games. City have lost three of their last four trips to Wembley in the FA Cup, all coming in semi-finals, winning the competition last in 2019.
- Manchester United secured third place in the Premier League after winning their last four games in a row, in the lead up to this game. Except for the semi-final, which they won on penalties against Brighton, Erik ten Hag’s side have won all of their other four FA Cup matches this season by a 3-1 scoreline. United have already won silverware at Wembley this season when they won the League Cup in February. They have won only two of their last five finals in the FA Cup, winning the competition last in 2016.
- There will of course be added pressure given it’s a Manchester derby, with City looking to complete a treble this season and United looking to stop them, as well as win a domestic cup double. However, with the Champions League final next weekend for the Citizens, the Red Devils may take advantage to win here.
Man City vs Man United Odds
Current Odds at time of publishing and are subject to change.
Man City to win: @ 1.53
Draw: @ 4.75
Man Utd to Win: @ 5.50
Man City vs Man United Match Fact H2H
- Manchester City have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Manchester United in all competitions.
- Just one of the last 15 H2H meetings ended level after 90 minutes (City: W8, L6).
- KDB has registered 9 assists in his last 11 starts for MC and has a good record against MU.
Man City vs Man United Possible Lineups